Home > The Property Registry > Finding a Tittle at the Property Registry in Puerto Rico – Part 2

Finding a Tittle at the Property Registry in Puerto Rico – Part 2

November 30, 2016 Leave a comment Go to comments

Hello again!

On monday I posted a video for you on Finding a Tittle Part 1, and today  I have Part 2 for you!

I hope you are having a fantastic week and that this data can be of great use to you.

Remember to send me an e-mail if you have questions or if you have suggestions for future subjects.

Very truly yours,

Santiago F. Lampón





Hello my name is Santiago Lampón. I am a lawyer and a notary in Puerto Rico. And this is part two of an episode dealing with finding titles in Puerto Rico. On the first episode, you don’t need to watch the first episode to watch this one. That one I covered when you have a deed, a lot number or the name of the person who should be reported or registered as the owner.

This video I cover when you have none of the above. Now you suspect that someone owns a property in Puerto Rico, most likely a relative if you are doing this for inheritance purposes and you do have the social security number for that person. Well this is the backdoor way of maybe finding a title on the Puerto Rico law or on the Puerto Rico system for registration property. 

The property register property ownership but we also have the center for the collection for municipal taxes in Spanish known as CRIM. C-R-I-M. CRIM records also deal with properties but they are totally separate and independent from the records at the property registry. CRIM registers properties for purposes of invoicing and collecting property taxes. I believe that it should work in unison with a property registry but that is not the way it is right now. At the CRIM they have a property tax ID number or also known as the pin number. But they also keep records by social security number. So I f you have the social security number of the person you want to seek records for, and it is ok and authorized under the law that you seek those records, like the person passed away and you are an heir and you want to perform the inheritance process, you can search at the CRIM under the social security number and find any properties listed formerly or currently to that person’s name.

You can also find the information about the deed through which the person acquired it at the time, contact the notary and if authorized under the law to obtain a copy from the candidate and from that you can go to the property registry to find out how the property is currently is registered.

Again this is a back door method; it needs to be correctly done. It can only be done by persons authorized under the law to do it and when we perform this we are very adamant about what the documentation we need, that we are doing it for the right person but it is a backdoor way that most  of the time works. 

So again my name is Santiago Lampón. I am a lawyer and notary in Puerto Rico. If you have any questions you can email them to me or give me a call. I appreciate that you watched this video. Have a good day.

If you have any question please send me an email or give me a phone call.


PHONE NUMBER – (787) 273-6767

You can also post them (ANY COMMENTS) right here on this page.

Categories: The Property Registry
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: